Honing in on your target audience will help you sharpen your message.
A well-planned marketing campaign should take place before you hit the send button. To achieve success, targeted email marketing campaigns take time and patience. Many marketers make the mistake of batching-and-blasting to their entire email list. Rather than using a “one size fits all” approach, focus your marketing efforts and hone in on your target audience. Honing in on your target audience will help you sharpen your message.
Rethink your current marketing strategy by asking yourself a few simple questions:
- Is the content relevant to my subscribers?
- Does the email look good?
- Does it reflect a positive image of my brand?
- Am I getting the right message to the right subscriber at the right time?
- Would I respond to the message if I got it?
To answer these questions, you’ll want to:
- Develop an understanding of your audience;
- Consider the types of messages they would likely respond to; and
- Determine when and how frequently the messages should be sent.
In an effort to help marketers optimize their email campaigns, I put together 16 critical techniques which I hope provide some insights on ways you can improve your marketing to get the results you want. To get these tips, check out the full article: Is Your Email Campaign Missing the Mark?