Last year we encouraged you to start integrating mobile marketing in your overall strategy in 2011 Is Here: Do You Have A Mobile Strategy?; we covered the formalities of using QR Codes and of course mentioned how to best use SMS and mobile text marketing. Now that 2012 is upon us we want to redirect your attention back to the importance of mobile marketing and how to effectively incorporate it into your marketing strategies.
Remember mobile communications should enhance, not substitute, your current strategies. Businesses that effectively integrate mobile into their marketing mix will benefit from deeper interactions with prospects and customers, build richer data sets and diversify revenue streams.
Offer a Distinct Benefit
Asking customers and prospects to subscribe to your newest communication tool is like anything else in marketing; they need to feel that the experience will be worthwhile. Offer a clear reason for individuals to opt-in to your mobile communications.
- Exclusive savings using mobile coupons
- Real-time personal messaging
- Easy user experience; simple opt-in and opt-out
Fully Integrate Your Mobile Messaging
Being able to keep your subscribers fully engaged will increase your ROI and enhance your customer’s relationship with your brand. Make your mobile users experience a positive one by fully integrating them into your marketing strategy.
- Provide mobile call to actions across all your marketing channels including social media
- Include links in your messaging only if the website has been optimized for mobile devices
- Test QR codes and mobile coupons in the exact environment in which they will be promoted
- Integrate your databases and utilize the information to target your customers how they prefer
- Use alternative opt-in methods for those prospects that do not have smartphones
- Involve mobile users in two way dialogue or interactive experiences
Completely integrating mobile into your marketing strategy means that you can reach your subscribers wherever they are, compile comprehensive data that allows you build more meaningful relationships and benefit from deeper customer engagement.
Need more in-depth information on how to extend your reach with mobile marketing, take a peek at our Marketing is Mobile ebook.